Did you know ghee is a high gel food? And that’s what we’re after for ultimate hydration! Getting hydrated and staying hydrated. Here’s a fun cozy way to get juicy and get those gel foods!
Hydrating Butternut Soup
- 1 large butternut squash. peeled. de-seeded. cut into 1” cubes
- 5-6 C veggie or organic broth of choice
- 6 garlic cloves⠀
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped⠀
- 1 C full-fat coconut milk⠀
- 2-3 Tbs ghee ⠀
- 2 Tbs dried sage (or ¼ cup fresh. minced)⠀
- Pink salt & pepper to taste⠀
- Place the cubed butternut squash, broth, garlic cloves, onion, coconut milk and ghee in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until squash is super tender.
- Add the sage during the last 5 minutes of cooking.⠀
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender and season with salt and pepper. Or blend the soup in a regular blender, just be VERY careful doing this while the soup is hot!⠀
- Well that was easy! Pour into your cozy mugs share and feel amazing!