Hydrating HyFo Hot Cacao Recipe
We recommend warming drinks to hydrate through this peek winter month. HyFo Hot Cacao anyone? Here’s a favorite of ours from Quench:
The power in this nutty, chocolaty beverage is in the cacao, which is full of minerals that help activate the necessary electrical charges in our bodies.
HyFo Hydrating Hot Cacao
- 1 cup fresh or frozen diced pineapple
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts (if you have a high speed blender you can use whole walnuts)
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (taste test it with the sweetness of just the pineapple first)
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- 1 cup hot water or more depending on your preference
Blend all the ingredients except maple syrup, add the hot water, and stir well. Taste test for sweetness, add maple syrup if desired. The salt adds depth to flavor, but even more importantly, it releases electrical charge in the liquid, bringing you more warming energy.